Sunday 26 April 2015

Benefit How To Look The Best At Everything (Light)



Hello people! Today is Sunday so I thought it would be nice to update my blog which I abandoned completely for a month. Yep, a month. Sorry miss bloggie. I am really busy. Super busy.

Recently, I purchased this makeup pallette/set during my birthday just to fulfill my make up craving hahaha this set has been in my covet list for a really loooooong time, ever since I was doing my diploma. Like everytime I stepped inside Sephora, the first aisle I'll head to was Benefit. And the thing I always touch and 'play' was this holy vintage looking make up set. I always have the urge to buy or not to buy. But, you know me. The urge is always ended up by buying the thing. Hahaha so I finally make up myself, I pick it without playing it anymore and just buy.

The man at Sephora told me to pick the medium one. But when I was testing for Sephora foundation, the lady said I should buy the light one. She even test the color on my skin and ask if I want my complexion to look brighter or not. She said if I buy the medium one, the foundation actually suits my color too but after I applied the powder, my skin look kinda darker. So she suggested that buy the light one. She was really helpful! Love her (:




Let see what they have inside and what they claim to do :
We wrote the book on complexion perfection! Our custom perfectors give you a luminous complexion by blending away imperfections and minimising the appearance of pores. You’ll be the first to finish flawless.
light kit includes:
  • the POREfessional PRO balm to minimise the appearance of pores
  • hello flawless oxygen wow “I'm pure 4 sure” ivory brightening makeup
  • boi-ing 01 & 02 industrial-strength concealer
  • “hello flawless!” “I love me” ivory custom powder cover-up
Product sizes included in kit:
  • Deluxe the POREfessional mini, 7.5 mL, 0.25 US fl. oz
  • Deluxe hello flawless oxygen wow! mini, 7.0 mL, 0.23 US fl. oz
  • boi-ing, 2 x 1.5g net wt. 2 x 0.05 oz.
  • "hello flawless!", 4.0 g net wt. 0.14 oz.

  • This adorable, mirrored "book" also includes instructional tips and tricks cards for the true inside scoop on applying these products and achieving a perfect finish.

Ok, so where do I start? I will start with the POREfessional first. This balm claims to minimise the pores in one's face. The texture is really light and it has a lovely consistent and makes your skin feeling smooth. It does not sticky or greasy which is great. I love that. It did some magic where it fill the pores on my skin. 

Hello flawless oxygen wow acts as a foundation. It claims to make my complexion brighter. It does. The texture is runny. Mhmm I don't fancy that. It is not thick as what I expected at first. The coverage is just so-so. Not really good but not really bad. But, it absorbs and dry really fast on skin. Plus no strange smell at all. But at first, it kind of gives my skin a grey look. But it gets better after a couple of second. Maybe because it slightly fair than my actual tone. I guess?

The third is the boi ing concealer, it is a cream concealer. This is my first time using a cream concealer. And it is really odd actually to apply cream concealer on skin. The concealer is easy to apply and blendable. But it does absolutely nothing to my dark circle for the first and second layer. I put like 3 to 4 layer of concealer under my eyes and then I observe some difference. It fades away my dark circle a bit. Yes, a bit. But after I mix both of the concealer, I get my right shade of skin tone. But guys, still, it doesn't really do their job to cover the dark circle. In the brighter side, it covers my small acne scars and my moles so finally there is something that I love about this concealer.

And the last one is, hello flawless powder. I don't know how to describe this. Because I use it really little. The brush is really small. But it makes my skin shine-less and matte.


*Picture number 1 : Without the products. 
*Picture number 2 : With the product, freshly applied. Notice that it brightens my skin. Even out the skin. 

*Please excuse the lighting


1) The swatch of POREfessional
2) The swatch of the hello flawless oxygen wow

Okay, do I look shiny? I wore this set and been outdoor for two hours. Did some walking.


Their packaging is lovely and too hard to resist! It includes a tip and tricks that is in step by step which is suitable for beginner. They also numbered each product so people know how to start first. And it includes an attached mirror on the box. Really cool! Worry not, this packaging is light enough to carry around. And I know, people will ask question like, "Is the box gonna open really easily?" The answer is no, because they have magnet system which will keep the box close. So your things won't  go crazy in your bag, ladies. 

What I like : The packaging, obviously. The size of them, really convenient and mobile. I can take them out and put it back to their place (except for the powder). Shine free. It stays on place. Light weight.

What I dislike : The price, of course. Even though they have this all crucial thing in one place, I don't think I can afford them or buy them regularly. The foundation is really runny and the concealer doesn't really cover up my puffy under eyes, quiet disappointed with that.




Name : Benefit How To Look The Best At Everything Light
Price : RM 130
Where To Buy : Sephore outlet, Benefit Outlet
Overall : Hmmm so and so


Ladies, have you tried this set? How is it? Is it good?

No comments:

Post a Comment